Sunday, March 7, 2010

Perception Post

"Doubt is the key to knowledge” (Persian Proverb). To what extent is this true in Perception?
http://edea360.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/doubt.jpg

In my opinion this persian proverb is is very true when we talk about perception because when you see something you have to doubt it and then learn more about it to gain knowledge.


  1. Cultural example: Having to believe in one God is a good example for the persian proverb. When we were first introduced to a certain God we first doubted about it and then started to read about it and started to gain knowledge. If we have not doubted about it we would never have had gain that much kowledge about the God.

  2. School example: When we are presented with a weird math formula we always doubt about it and ask how it works. When we doubt about the formula the teacher explains it to us and that is when we gain more knowledge aboout math and formulas. Asking is a way of representing doubt and a way of gaining knowledge.

  3. Personal example: When I was a little kid I believed that babies came from Storks. When I was growing I started doubting about this story, so I went and asked my parents. That was when they told me from where babies come from. If I have never doubted about from where do babies come from my knowledge about that topic would never had grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment